24 January, 2011

Picture Post: snowy mountains

A weekend skiing in Åre:


Our home for 4 days

Stu, about to bana up the berg.





That is a frozen lake with TWO tractors on it.







Proof I was in snow gear
Stu was all over the slopes, like a frickin' puppy. I did NOT ski (too chicken) but I had a great time. Petter even played a DJ set while we were in town. Åre is a cute little ski town, and so convenient to Stockholm! People have been winter-sporting here for 100 years...I wonder if my grandparents skied here?

My mormor & morfar, though probably not Åre
(thanks to my photogy cousin for making these digital!)

1 comment:

  1. Cool pictures! Looks like a fun trip.

    I just found out yesterday that I'm going on a skiing trip with my company somewhere in Europe in April, and it will be my first time trying it.

    ReplyDelete